The Silver Turtle

Saturday, May 13, 2006

live music

Went out to see a friend play last night - somehow I've managed to go over a month without seeing any local bands. I had a great time and met a few cool people.

My friend is good, so you might want to check her out: Megan Palmer

I can't wait to get playing out again myself, although I don't know when I'll find the time. Right now I'm finishing up a magazine layout, making time to take photos*, and possibly cowriting/codirecting/coeverything-ing a little film with a friend.

Feeling creative is great, but it does make it hard to prioritize.

*I take photos for fun and because I enjoy it. But I keep having all kinds of people tell me I should do some freelance. I decided to start with a little cafepress store featuring some of my regional photography. I have some tweaking to do, but that's everything in life all the time anyways.

2 Comments:

  • I say kudos! It takes guts to put yourself out there. I think your pictures are great.

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 1:57 PM  

  • Thank FG. My mom freelanced as a newspaper correspondent (and sometimes photographer) for several years and managed to support not only herself, but me and my sister, too. It was only in the past few years I realized how amazing that is and what kind of guts it takes to go out all on your own.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home