The Silver Turtle

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

23

I saw a sneak preview of The Number 23 last night.

I was anticipating something creepy, something that would make me leave the theatre and see "23" everywhere and be completely creeped out by it.

Instead it was just mediocre. It felt like it wanted really badly to be like Memento. But something about it didn't quite flow as well.

If you break it down into the classic 3 acts -

Act I was a little too long

Act II, which should have succeeded in creeping everyone out, was too short and not creep enough

Act III was entirely too long, and spent too much time "answering questions" that you could easily put together yourself

There were also a few things that didn't quite add up, but were glossed over so you're probably not supposed to care that much, but it bugged me.

When I left the theater, I thought it was an okay movie, but the more I think about it, the more I really don't care for it much.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Momento is a kickass film, to which, not many movies can hold a candle....maybe your expectaions were too high.

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home