The Silver Turtle

Friday, February 23, 2007

carbon leaf 2.21.07

I finally got to see Carbon Leaf again - it's been over a year since I drove all the way to Ann Arbor for one of their shows. The show was absolutely killer. Maybe because I hadn't seen them (or any great shows) in several months, or maybe because they really do put on a fabulous live show.

I took some decent photos, considering I wasn't using flash and had my little point & shoot that doesn't do too well in the dark, especially with bodies flailing across the stage as they rock out on their guitars or tin whistles or accordians.

This was my favorite photo after a smidge of color tweaking:



(click for big)

(click for all my show photos on flickr)

I also shot a few videos with the same camera. They are ultra-lo-fi but still get the Carbon Leaf vibe across. The entire playlist can be found here. Individual links to the YouTube videos follow, in recommended order:

1. American Tale - Carbon Leaf 2.21.07 - this is always one of my faves live

2. The War Was In Color - Carbon Leaf 2.21.07 - this is mellow and serious and beautiful

3. Learn to Fly (Acoustic) - Carbon Leaf 2.21.07 - this is mellow and peaceful and acoustic, and has some loud crowd noise in spots

4. Life Less Ordinary - Carbon Leaf 2.21.07 - probably one of their most popular songs, really strong lyrics

5. The Boxer - Carbon Leaf - STB's favorite and quite energetic

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • "lift up the stone and there shalt thou find me; cleave the wood and I am there"

    Does this need any further interpretation? Attributed to Jesus in the non-canonical Gospel of Thomas. It has been given many more inferences in the past 100 years since its discovery on a sheet of Egyptian papyrus. Or does this espouse simple labors as the path to the teacher?

    By Blogger Helen, at 6:13 PM  

  • I'm totally gonna check them out. Thanks for the samplin'.

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home